Monday 8 January 2018

new broom

Winter winds they do blow cold,
The time of year, it is chosen.
Now the frost and fire,
And now the sea is frozen.

He who sleeps he does not see
The coming of the seasons,
The filling of a dream
Without a time to reason.

A Happy New Year to one and all. I have decided to revamp the style of this blog so, if there's anyone left out there, it looks a bit different. New year, new broom and all that.

As I wrote back in July, I thought that when I retired that I would be writing much more than I seemed to have managed. Obviously this has probably cost me most of my small audience. Still, never mind, que serĂ¡ serĂ¡ and all that. Anyway, I have decided that I really do need to write more regularly for my own sake really. This blog was always supposed to be an outlet for whatever took my fancy but was always going to include musing about music and wandering/walking. It is my intention to continue and, hopefully, pick up a few readers on the way. I'll probably at times muse on retirement too.

Over the last couple of months I have been compiling a bit of a list about things I wanted to write about; most of these have been about music. I remember when I first started writing - back in 2010 - I would ramble on about classic (to me) albums or songs. There are a few interesting areas (again, to me) that I would like to explore. So, if anyone's still out there, then expect more regular posts.

Cheers for anyone still with me. Apologies for being so tardy. Must do better . . .


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! About bloody time. xx

Dave Leeke said...

Haha:cheers.I really felt I had to get back into it before I gave up altogether.

Andy Wright said...

Glad to see you back Sir!

Dave Leeke said...

Cheers, Andy. There’s plenty more for me to witter on about, maybe taking a bit of a break was a good idea. Believe it or not, this is my 9th year of writing this Blog!