Sunday 13 June 2010

wond'ring aloud

It's been a busy few weeks.  I'm knee-deep in marking exam scripts for AS Film Studies.  Which is better than earlier in the week because I was up to my neck in it! Ha ha.  Suit yourselves. I've just marked a whole Centre that taught "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" as an American film - all those poor students that have been taught by someone who should know a damn-sight better.  It is section C "American Film - Comparative Study" on the syllabus.  Honestly . . .

Anyway, not much else to write about really - actually, there's loads but I'm quite shattered trying to keep up with marking AND normal school work. For future reference listen to Patty Larkin - a great American singer-songwriter who knows her way around a bit of wood with wires on.  She knows how to use her home studio, too. Excellent stuff - more on her soon.

The photo is of a quiet corner of the back room.  Some of the music held in those cds will find a way into future postings.  The print on the floor is of Richard Dadd's "The Fairy Feller's Masterstroke" from a Tate Exhibition.  The other one is a portrait of yours truly by a neighbour - embarrasingly enough that we own it, let alone that Mrs Dave paid money for it! It probably hasn't escaped your notice that pictures are normally hung on the wall, not left propped up.  One day.

As I was bored I decided to diddle around with a new look for the blog - yes, I was that bored. I'm sure someone out there will let me know what they think of the new design.

I wait with bated breath. Ah well, time to make dinner, drink beer and listen to Patty Larkin.  Who said men couldn't multitask?

2 comments:

Andy Wright said...

I like the 'new look' and I look forward to listening to some Patty Larkin. Off to La Belle France tomorrow. Should have gone today but yesterday we had to say a final 'Goodbye' to one of our dogs. Fourteen years of age so a good innings and all that. This knowledge didn't seem to count for much, however, when I was crying like a baby for an hour or so yesterday.When our other dog goes there will definitely be no more....too damned heartbreaking. Ah well, move on. I hope your 'marking fest' comes to an end very soon.

Dave Leeke said...

I'm sorry to hear about the dog - you've always had dogs as far back as I can remember. A fellow traveller for you and G. We always used to have cats - the story of the last one requires a book! But it's always a shame to see them go.

Thanks for saying you like the new look - les enfants so far have all been positive - I'm still not sure. I like green, though.