Saturday 2 January 2010

footsteps in virgin snow

This is a totally new departure for me. Having recently found out how easy blogging is, I have decided to take these first few tentative steps. The point of it is for me to have a platform to pontificate on various interests and themes that dog my thoughts constantly. And as there probably won't be anyone listening, I can write about anything I like. That means there will be plenty about music, time past and time passing, my ability to misuse anything digital (so much for "idiot proof"), thoughts on life in general. And music.

I've been thinking about this blogging business for quite some time and now that it's (virtual) reality I seem to have hundreds of things I want to write about. All in good time. There will be some writing on albums that have meant a lot to me over the years - they won't necessarily be ones that everyone (anyone?) will have heard of, just important music that has stayed with me. I need to make some sense of the changes that have occurred over the last 50 years or so too. I guess I'll be making lots of lists to work out where to start. Possibly at the beginning, but it'll be more fun to drop things in as we go along.

The title will be explained all in good time. Ah well, gentle reader, let's raise a glass and drink a toast to adventure.

No comments: